Cloud Engineer - Cloud Technologies, Virtualization (Hyper-V KVM Cloud Engineer - Skills Required - Cloud Technologies, Virtualization (Hyper-V KVM, VMWare), Storage Solutions (SAN, DAS, NAS), System Integration, System Architecture
Cloud Architect - Virtualization - Storage
Full-time Permanent position based out of Saint Louis or Kansas City
Are you a Cloud Architect with proficiency in Cloud, Virtualization, and Storage technologies? If so, please read on.
Leading Microsoft Gold Partner in the St Louis/Kansas City area is again in growth mode and looking to expand it service base into the Cloud Computing/Virtualization and Storage arenas. Great opportunity to work on exciting projects and bleeding edge technology while being a part of an environment that values keeping it's engineers up-to-date with the latest technology before their competitors have a chance to see it.
---This is a great organization for highly technical, talented individuals that want to have the opportunity to work with a great group of published Microsoft MVP's & MCM's
The purpose of this position is to act as the Lead Technical Architect while working with the Practice Manager to develop cloud, virtualization, and data storage solutions in response to our customers' needs.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze complex customer requirements and propose technical and competent development solutions in new areas and domains required to enhance customer's competitive position.
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution. Work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Provide the specified customized solutions, covering several domains and layers in the customer network.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
- When applicable participate with specialist knowledge within the subject area (solutions) so that technical aspects related to are taken into account.
- Drive Add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Manage teams of less experienced Solution Architects or Service Engineers in Customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered according to expectations and plans.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years Systems Integration Experience
- Minimum 5 years Solution Architect Experience
- Proven track record with large Enterprise-level Customers and platforms
- Deep understanding of various Cloud models and “clear” understanding of the Cloud principles.
- Well versed with virtualization, technical solutions architecture background for server, storage and/or network virtualization; VMware certifications are a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of different types of hypervisors (Hyper-V KVM, VMWare)
- Proven experience working with architectures using different cloud computing software such as OpenStack, CloudStack, etc.
- Expertise in Data Centers design with transformation to Cloud
- Expertise in Storage components (i.e. SAN, DAS, NAS, including iSCSI)
- Excellent understanding of existing public Cloud offerings and associated architecture such as Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of architecture design with software defined networks (SDN), is a plus.
- Good understanding of cloud security and compliance models.
- Knowledge of Elastic scalability and Hybrid Clouds is a plus.
- Cloud Architecture Certifications are a plus.
- Excellent experience in designing and deploying large scale virtualized solutions.
- Proven customer facing experience in technical consulting and solution architecture roles to determine business and technical requirements that will be used in developing solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in developing written documentation and deliverables is required.
- Experience delivering technical presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
So if you are a Cloud Architect and would like to get in on the ground floor of a new practice offering with a very well-reputed Solutions Provider, please apply today.What You Need for this Position
More Than 5 Years of experience and knowledge of:
- Cloud Technologies
- Virtualization (Hyper-V KVM, VMWare)
- Storage Solutions (SAN, DAS, NAS)
- System Integration
- System Architecture